The Chapel, located in the west side of the transcept of the church, is inspired by the architectural vision of Lady Richeldis in 1060 when the Blessed Mother appeared to her and asked her to build a Holy House--a house of Nazareth--in the countryside of Norfolk in the village of Walsingham in England where pilgrims could come to grow in their faith.
Our Blessed Mother's statue, under the title Our Lady of Walsingham, is located in a niche above the small altar. The wooden timber beams are reminicent of the Norman period in England. There are doors from the church and to the outdoor Shrine. The chapel can accomodate up to 22 people for mass and prayer.
The kneelers on the two large prie-dieus and the chairs were lovingly designed and needlepointed by St. Margaret's Needlework Guild. Each of the kneelers represents one of the 20 events of the Holy Rosary. The flower cushions, also for kneeling, are Marian flowers with a brown Celtic knot pattern for Mary, Undoer of Knots. The Canterbury Crosses on the larger kneelers of the Prie Dieux were inspired by the kneelers in the National Cathedral in Washington, DC.
The stained glass window represents the Holy Family's return from Egypt. The two statues--one on each side of the altar--represent St. Joseph, foster father of Our Lord, and St. Gabriel, the Archangel.
ADORATION BEFORE THE BLESSED SACRAMENT:
Tuesdays from 1:00-6:00 pm
Please enter using the exterior door of the Chapel, from the cloister.